28 November 2008

Day After Thanksgiving (in the U.S.)

Hi everyone. I sure hope your Thanksgiving was great. We had a wonderful day spent with friends and new friends. Bill didn't get called in to work until later in the afternoon ... yay! We were hoping to spend lots of good quality holiday time with him and we got it. A lovely couple from our church invited us to dine at their home & fun was had by all. We are so thankful to have the abundance we have in this country. Abundance was discovered and conquered yesterday as we stuffed and then waddled :)

Never underestimate the power of an invitation for someone to join you or your family for a holiday or even just an everyday meal. It meant so much to us to be able to spend our time with others instead of by ourselves or by myself had Bill been called in to work earlier. You never know what your invitation may mean to another person. So why not invite someone (or a family) to a meal this month, and/or, for Christmas?

I am also so very thankful for computer programs and generous friends who shared theirs with me. Because of their kindness I was able to create a 'work of art' (in my world of computer learnin') for my Craigslist ad. We are selling items in order to raise money for the mission trip coming up. See what I put together... it only took.. well, I am not telling how long it took, I was just glad to be able to get it done! :) I've actually had a couple calls on the items too! One man contacted me to say he didn't want any of the items but wanted to donate! How wonderful is that? God bless him!
Update on Craigslist sale: Jacket sold today and the buyer knew the cause and donated an extra $3 dollars. Yay! and God bless her too!

No comments: