10 November 2008

Aren't National Park Service Sites Great?

My hubbie & I enjoy spending time exploring the National Park Service sites. National Parks are his favourite & his goal is to get to each one. I think, at last count, he is half way there. On this last trip to KY we hit several sites .. 7.. I think. Here is some of the evidence. The park service does such a great job maintaining & preserving history & beautiful lands. I used to work for
the NPS & I enjoyed contribuiting to the mission.














This was our favourite park. There were surprise showers there. Yay for cleanliness! We were tent camping on this trip and didn't realize the campground we stayed in had showers and not only had them they were SUPER clean! :) To say the least I was very very happy.
We did a lot of things at this park. I wrote about puppie friends and the hike we did .. I think that was my favourite.














This is in the Louis area. It was a beautiful day and a neat glimpse into family life of a historical figure. We shared a tour with only two other women so we got to get lots of questions answered by our guide :)













Here is our campsite at Mammoth Cave NP. We did not get a picture of their sign. I do not remember why. We did a cave tour here and there was a great bike trail. Check it out if you are in the area.














Our next travel will be coming up at the end of January into early Feb. We will be traveling with a group from our church to Kenya Africa. Never been to Kenya before but we are very excited to go on this mission trip. I will probably post here more about our preparations. We need to get our shots... eeek ! Not so much a fan of shots... am more of a fan of not getting sick or dead... so must get shots! :) We are going to be working in an orphanage and with churches in the area. Pray for us as we are raising the money to go. Not sure where it is all going to come from but we are believing it will come in. :) More another day. 'til then.. ta tahh! Here is a link to a map of the area we will be in :
http://www.maplandia.com/kenya/rift-valley/nyahururu/
The town is called Nyahururu and I will have to learn to say it too!
More in the future...

No comments: