22 November 2008

Faithfulness and Thankfulness

How cool is our God? We are truly seeing blessings as a result of our decision to go on the mission trip to Kenya. A friend was sharing about our trip to a neighbor of hers and this neighbor pulls some money right out of his pocket and gives it to her to pass to the Kenya fund! Wow! Many thanks to both individuals. There are many many stories like this that I could, and probably, will share.

I gotta go and get baking. We have a "spudraiser" fundraiser after church in the morning. Betcha never heard of a spudraiser before, huh? We are selling baked potatoes/fixins, dessert and drink for $6/adult and hot dogs, dessert, & drink for those under 11 years old for $3. We are also auctioning off various scrumptious goodies. One of my apple pies will be auctioned and I am hoping it will bring in a good donation.

If you are in the area of Loveland, CO stop in and you could be a part of the spudtastic extravaganza.
10am service starts and by 12pm the festivities will probably be underway at
Message of Life Ministries
605 S.W. 18th St.
http://messageoflife.com/

Come help us help the orphans in Kenya, Africa.

I have had success! The pie looks good! The crust was a bit ornery but I beat it into submission ;) I was a little bummed that the crust shapes got a little higglety pigglety as they were supposed to represent the orphans. Each one was a little person shape. Some got cracked and misshapen. As I am typing this I am thinking we are all a bit off from perfect? This pie is a better representation of the orphans (and those of us going to help them) than I thought. mmmm.

No comments: