06 December 2008

ok, I've been busy...

Not much of a great excuse but I have been busy.

On a completely random note... we've been buying limeade from the store already mixed and ready to pour. Yum! I got to thinking.. I bet I can make some of that and do it for cheaper... so I am now armed with recipes and I will be getting some limes tomorrow.

I think I will be trying this one:
http://laylita.com/recipes/?s=limonada

Limonada
2 limes (or lemons) (or mixed) quartered
8c cold water
1/2 c sugar
--in blender: toss in limes and 4c water and sugar - blend til frothy/foamy - strain - add remaining 4c water -- serve over ice MMM good.

the runner up is a recipe for concentrate: http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/66/Limeade

to make the Limeade Concentrate:
1c lime juice (about 6 limes)
1.5c sugar
1.5c cold water - mix sugar and water while heating - then add to 1C lime juice
this is your concentrate

the Limeade
add 1c concentrate to 2c cold water - mix and serve.

I will report back!

No comments: