13 June 2009

Finally ... brrriiinnnggg brrrriiinnggg!

Yup, it's true I am finally hooked up with an active cell phone! It only took a month and a week. After the charger fiasco was sorted out I thought porting my number would be the easy part. HAH! Nothing was easy about this process. I kept calling and being told sorry but the computers are down, we are still waiting, check the info again, and I don't know what is going on. Since Virgin hadn't received my number (or so I thought) I was advised to cancel the port and take a Virgin number. Again and again I called in to check if the port was canceled. Finally I got smart and asked for a supervisor. He looked at things and said no the port was not canceled... wait some more while he sends a message to corporate to get things sorted out. After I left for some errand Bill took a message from "some guy from Virgin Mobile " that said, "port not canceled, you have your number, & you need to re-program phone." Of course I had tons of questions... no answers. Impressed that someone actually called me I sat in a state of shock. Finally I was moving forward. The long awaited text finally arrived that said welcome to Virgin Mobile. Ahhhhh Success! For my trouble I was given presents :) They put me on a plan no longer offered that is less money per minute, I was gifted a bunch of anytime minutes (that don't expire!), and finally instead of $9.99 owed to me from the promo when I signed up I got $20. Yay!

It pays to keep after people. AT&T canceled my account because they had forked over my number not because they were rude... oops, sorry stinky 'ole AT&T! I am glad I stuck it out because after a while it became a quest.. Bill didn't quite get it, but I had to see it thru... Bet those reps were glad they were talking to me and not him. So after all this was it worth it? Yup, tho I haven't actually used the phone yet.

:)

No comments: